Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Pilot Post

Welcome one and all to the humble musings of a Malifaux maniac! In this blog I'm gonna be sharing my thoughts and ideas about a game and faction I love, some stories and tricks, and mostly any random Guild thought that comes into my head.

Before we get started on Masters, Crews, Schemes, & Strategies; I thought I'd share a little bit about myself and my history in miniature war gaming and in Malifaux. I started in the hobby about 8 years ago with Warhammer 40K, and branched out from there into several different systems. I've played 40K, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine/Hordes, Flames of War, and most recently Malifaux. Out of every game system I've played over the years Malifaux is the one I've enjoyed the most and had the most success with.

I've played Malifaux for roughly a year and a half now, starting right when M2E first hit. What started with buying one crew box quickly turned into an obsession, and as I got more and more comfortable with the game mechanics I started to go to more and more tournaments. I've won a handful of Local Tournaments, but my biggest achievement was placing 3rd in the Malifaux Singles Tournament at the 2014 NOVA Open (which is an event I highly recommend to anyone who plays any sort of miniature war games).

So now that all that's out of the way we can get this party started! Hopefully I can share and learn some cool tricks for all the Guild players out there, and maybe help a couple of people out. Thanks for reading; may all your flips be positive and your Jokers always Red!

-Will "Filthy Guild" Farthing

No comments:

Post a Comment