Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Perdita Disclaimer, Confession, & Resolution

This post may strike a nerve with some of the players out there because it does touch on a subject of some mild dispute between players of different Factions. So to help break things down I've organized it into 3 different parts: the Disclaimer, the Confession, and the Resolution.

THE DISCLAIMER
By no means should this be seen as a Master-bashing post, or as a criticism of those who enjoy playing Perdita. It has always been my strong personal belief that you should play the game that personally makes you happy, because you play the game for you and you alone. If Perdita is your absolute favourite Master and the Master that you feel most comfortable with, then play on! Don't let some guy on the internet that you may never meet take that away from you, stick to your Modified Peacebringers and bring the hurt! Now, that being said.....

THE CONFESSION
I personally do not like playing Perdita. Yes, she's one of the strongest Masters in the Faction (if not the entire game). Yes, there are a ton of things she can do, and do very well. And Yes, she brings some strong counters to several very strong crews. But I just don't like playing her. It feels way too easy sometimes; and the soul-crushed look on your opponents' face when they're on the other side of the table from a Df/Wp 9 Perdita with plus flips to damage rocking Finger On the Trigger while ignoring Armour/Incorporeal or Cover, with a couple of Watchers using their View From Up High to make sure she can see everything just isn't fun to me. The Guild has so much more to offer as a Faction in my eyes; and I find a great deal more personal satisfaction in figuring out the tricks of the other Guild Masters because I feel it deepens my understanding of how to play Malifaux. (At this point I sincerely urge you to re-read the above disclaimer: these are merely my thoughts, don't let them impact your enjoyment of the game)

THE RESOLUTION
With all that out of the way, my personal resolution from this post forward until the end of the year is not to play Perdita for a single game: friendly, tournament, or otherwise. As I go into the tactics posts of the different Masters I won't be doing a Perdita Tactica unless I really get asked to do one. I'd rather share the tricks and traps I've learned with other Masters, and take the time to break down some of the sneakier, filthy things we can do in the Guild

No comments:

Post a Comment